Having initially qualified as a Relate Counsellor, and worked with Relate for seven years, I have also had my own well established private practice for ten years. I work with couples or individuals as a Counsellor and Sex Therapist.
I am registered with Counselling Directory
I believe in providing clients with support and encouragement to enable them to find and develop their own solutions. I use an integrated approach including:
- ...Psychodynamic therapy - encouraging you to explore unacknowledged feelings, linking past experiences with how you are now
- ...Systemic therapy - helping you to understand the dynamics of relationships; that difficulties are not necessarily down to one person, but may be the result of present and past interactions between you, your family and people important to you
- ...Person-centred therapy - helping you to understand and validate the way you are feeling, focusing on what is really right for you instead of feeling confused by what you think you ought to be feeling or doing
- ...CBT: Cognitive behavioural therapy - identifying and modifying negative or faulty beliefs and thoughts which are causing unhelpful behaviours
- ...Psychosexual therapy - using cognitive behavioural therapy to identify the root causes of sexual problems, and to successfully address them, whether you are an individual or in a couple relationship
- ...Psychosexual counselling - using an integrated approach incorporating all of the above.
When you contact me we will arrange an introductory one hour session to explore how we can work together and what you would hope to achieve.
Each one hour session costs £60. The charge is the same whether for an individual or couple.
If you cannot afford the full cost, but would like counselling or sex therapy, I am very happy to discuss a suitable arrangement depending on your personal circumstances.
Sessions normally take place weekly, or fortnightly, but can be varied dependent upon your needs.
Appointments cancelled at less than 24 hours notice may incur the full charge for the cancelled session.
Home counselling is possible in certain circumstances, but counselling in the neutral environment of my counselling room is usually preferable. There would be an additional charge where the distance travelled is over 5 miles each way.
To contact me click here to email me or call on 07803 937 936. I am always happy to discuss your needs.